What is the Water Tribe Winter Master
After years of organizing sailing events, fleet regattas, and match races, Water Tribe created the “Winter Master.” It’s a formative course heavy in technique dedicated to lovers of regattas who wish to refine their driving skills, tactics, and knowledge of the regatta rules. In the Winter Master, the participants are watched over by a federal trainer and a regatta judge in the water who will constantly verify the levels reached in different activities. The base of the activities is Lake Garda - known out west as “The Wind Machine” - at Circolo Vela Gargnano, the sailing spot with constant powerful breezes.
The Objectives and the Trainers
The Winter Master is made up of a federally-approved training method based on:
- tuning of the boat (mast and rigging);
- refining of roles (rationality and the speed of execution);
- trim (maintaining the lines of the water and the boat);
- regulating the sails (homogeneity of aerodynamics);
- VMG (Velocity Made Good) with regards to wind and point of sailing;
- creation of a diagram of the poles of your own watercraft;
- analysis of the Rules of the Regatta ISAF 2008 - 2012;
- introduction to meteorology and analysis of a regatta course;
- positioning and speed at the start;
- beating and defense of the covers (cuts and jumps);
- analysis of the wind on the sides (outward variations and rotations);
- entrances with buoys and laylines (valuing the right course);
- techniques for docking the stern (engagement and rolling).
The trainers teach through thematic exercises, simulations of fleet regattas, and video analysis of activities in the water during training sessions. In the advanced phase of the Master, there will also be tracking of the watercraft using a mapping GPS for the verification of different crews’ performances.
The Boats We Use
Water Tribe offers 6 boats rigged for regattas that are perfectly identical. They have been studied for a crew of 5 components. The Dolphin 81 One Design is an athletic and fast watercraft, easy to handle. Conceived for regattas, it was selected by the ISAF for the World Championship Match Race thanks to the boat’s ease of conduction. The waterlines were designed to obtain the maximum speed in all conditions. Thanks to their notable length at the waterline and the way the stern sections favor the surface, they are true purebloods performing on narrow courses. The stability of its form permits the teams smooth sailing even with strong wind and waves. The homogeneity of the fleet also permits the coach and the regatta judge a perfect didactic uniformity and equality in performance for the teams.
Calendar of Appointments
The course is held in 5 weekends. We have limited the outings to the months of November, January, February, and March, for which the weather statistics are most favorable. The program will be scheduled in October.
For more information regarding boat availability, contact the office at 02/49464896 or write to email@example.com.
How to reach the Water Tribe base at the Circolo Vela Gargnano from Milano: Take the number 1 highway (autostrada) MI-VE, exit at Brescia Est (105 km from Milan). Enter the superhighway heading towards Lake Garda-Salo, and at the end of the superhighway (about 24 km) continue along the coast (Gardesana Road) for about 12 km towards Riva del Garda. Exit at Bogliaco. When entering the town, keep to the right. The base of Water Tribe is inside the Circolo Vela Gargnano in Via Bettoni 23 (Bogliaco Marina 2000). Cars can be parked in the large lot about 30 meters from the CVG.