European Championship Melges 20
It’s the crowning moment of the third edition of the Audi Sailing Series circuit: the European Championship of the Melges 20 Class will assemble the world’s sailing elite in Venice for four days of regattas. You can rent a Melges 20 with a guarantee of complete use for the trainings before the event. The boats will be supplied to you completely equipped and with regatta sails.
For more information about the boat availability, contact the office at 02/49464896 or write to email@example.com.
THE NUMBERS OF THE MELGES 20
Length 20 feet (6.096 m);
Width 7 feet (2.133 m);
Draft 4 feet 6 inches (1.374 m);
Displacement 992 lbs (400 kg);
Ballast keel (150 kg);
Mainsail 194 sq ft (18 mq.);
Jib 102 sq ft (9.5 mq.);
Gennaker 430 sq ft (40 mq.);
Teams of 2 to 5 people (maximum suggested weight of 290 kg).
The new generation of one-design regatta boats.
* Designed with aggressive lines;
* Comfortable cockpit with a simply layout;
* No winches;
* Carbon mast with shroud managing;
* Vang “kicker” system, which lets a large space on the deck during the tack
* Carbon bowsprit;
* Retractable keel;
* "Square top" mainsail, gennaker on the top of the mast, battened roller-furling foresail;
* Easy to carry, to fin out and to launch;
* No backstay;
* Easy system to manage the mainsail;
* No limits for crew weight and strong restrictions one design.
You can be the judge of the rest!