HOW - WHAT - WHERE - WHEN
1) How do I know which course is the best for me?
We created format of courses for all levels. Depending on your sailing experience and abilities you can choose the best course for you. For more information you can visit the page dedicated to sailing courses. We remain at your disposal for any further question, you can call the number +39 02 49464896 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) How early should I book my sailing course?
Normally, we recommend to book 2 months in advance at least. In any case, once you have selected the course you are interested into, please contact our office to verify the availability by calling the number +39 02 49464896 or send an email to email@example.com.
3) Why should I submit a medical certificate when registering?
Water Tribe must be assured that all participants to the courses are in a state of good health as certified by a doctor, so that they can provide with the relevant policies in case of an accident. This clause is a compulsory condition for Amateur Sports Association, which is Water Tribe with the name of Highlight Sailing.
4) First level basic courses are also suitable if you have never been onboard a sailboat?
Absolutely yes. Basic courses are dedicated to those who wish to approach to sailing and learn the first rules of the sails, the roles of the crew and the organization of the hull.
5) Which preparation do I need to participate to second level specialization courses?
This course is for those who have basic sailing experience and want to start a preparatory process for participation in fleet regattas.
6) Is it necessary to have sailing experience to achieve the sailing licence?
No, a basic sailing experience is not required. The course prepares participants to be commanders through theoretical and practical lessons, starting with the fundamentals of navigation till the knowledge of nautical maps.
7) Do I need the sailing licence to attend the I Skip course?
It is not necessary to have a sailing license to attend the course, because there is few navigation during the course. In any case, this training is indicated to those who already have sailing experience.
8) Which advantages are there to participate to a course with its own crew or a complete group?
If you book a course with your own crew, you get a reduction. Depending on courses, there are special discount for groups of 8 people at least.
9) What kind of clothing is recommended?
For the sailing courses we generally recommend waterproof sportswear. Important are a windbreaker sailing, sailing shoes with white soles (like tennis), hat and sunglasses.
10) Where can I sleep during the courses at Lake Garda?
We have agreements with major hotels in Gargnano, in order to offer students special rates. Following is the list of these hotels:
11) Which insurances protect me during sailing activities?
Every student of our activities become a member of the Associazione Sportiva Dilettantistica Highlight Sailing (sport association), the Water Tribe alter ego for sailing school. In case of an accident the association protect all its members with an appropriate insurance. The Association is also insured with Third Party Liability insurance policy that insures the Association, members, instructors and staff for all the damages that were caused to third parts during the training activities and regattas. For more information we advise you to visit the page Insurances.
12) What happens if you cannot do the activities due to bad weather?
In the event of bad weather we will organize theory sessions in the classroom and other group indoor activities.